Monday, May 21, 2012

a quarter of a century

that's how old i am today. i just briefly visited google images shortly before coming here and the very words "tattoo ideas" were somehow typed into that lovely little search engine.

quarter-of-a-century-life-crisis-anyone?

maybe. i am okay with that if it is. after all i am marked by God himself as His own child and if i choose to display that via ink to my skin i guess it's my call. the mr has been contemplating getting inked for quite some time, maybe parlors have a bogo sale? if so then i'm definately in.

i'm learning to love and embrace who i am. strengths and weaknesses. we live in a cruel world that can be especially hard on women. the funny thing is that right here and now i feel my most beautiful despite those stubborn extra 10 lbs from pregnancy that have still taken up residence on my ___ (rhymes with grass, another name for a donkey)(wow you're so smart) i feel radiant despite the marks pregnancy left me with, some physical, some emotional. i don't particularly mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, i'm finding out it's not a bad place to have your heart. i'm starting to get "laugh lines" and instead of contemplating botox i'm brought to my knees thanking God for the very gift of laughter. it is medicine to my soul. God choose me to be a mom gavin's mom. not everyone on this earth gets that blessed gift of carrying another human being in your inmost soul only to meet them nine precious months later and likely be one of the most influential people in their life. so i wear my marks with pride. the way i see it i earned each and every one of those and they make me me. for once in my life i like who i am and where i am going. i am proud to just be me.

so cheers to twenty-five.

thank you God for being the author of my story.

thank you for blessing me with another year.

may i live it all to your glory.

1 comment:

  1. Funny you say laugh lines...I was JUST noticing my own in the mirror this a.m. and how they seem to be a little more prominent lately. Lots of laughter to make those, yes....and maybe too many teenage desires to be tan:( So happy to hear you are happy, and I hope this year brings many unexpected blessings and miricles!

    ReplyDelete