Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kalahari Resort '09


On Thursday August 13 we packed and loaded up the Tahoe for a Warner family vacation to Wisconsin Dells to stay at the Kalahari Resort. It was about a 6hr drive and although my sister and I got a little stir crazy, we had a good and safe trip there.



The Kalahari Resort is an indoor/outdoor waterpark with TONS of slides and lazy rivers. The Kalahari also has a huge indoor theme park with Go Karts, bowling, arcades, a movie theatre, basically the whole nine yards. It is an african theme resort that is absolutely beautiful. Brady & I couldn't believe how large the place was, it reminded us of the resort we stayed at in Mexico, minus the ocean :) There were 8 restaurants located in the resort as well as little snack bars outside to enjoy. The Dipping Dot shack was a big hit! We stayed in the 2 room family suite on the second floor at the resort, so we were within steps of both of the waterparks. We had a balcony with a view of the outdoor waterpark which was sweet. We had awesome weather the whole trip and we enjoyed the outdoor and indoor waterparks the most. I had one goal in mind this vacation and that was to be adventurous, and I was. I went on every single waterslide, even the fast, dark, & scary ones (if you know my fear of heights, this is a big step for me!) My favorite thing to do during the day was to float down the outdoor lazy river on a double tube with Brady and just relax!


One of the nights we were there we went to the Tommy Bartlett show which is a waterskii show. We saw barefoot skiing, 3 tier pyramid skiing, skiing/wakeboarding off of ramps, flips, etc. Another feature at the show was a person who flew 600ft in the air behind a boat wearing a kite type attachment, it was amazing. There were some other random acts there, Brady's personal favorite was probably "Dave the Horn Guy" he was a guy who wore an orange jumpsuit with bulb horns attached to basically every part of his body and he played different songs, it was hilarious.

A trip to Wisconsin would never be complete without a round of mini golf at Pirate's Cove, and that's what we did our last nite there. I WON, I know it's unbelievable but it happened :)

We had a very fun and memorable vacation and I hope we go back there again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment