Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas Blessings


We were truly blessed this Christmas season and were able to make it to almost all of our family gatherings despite the 20+ inches of snow. The only place we didn't make it was to Alcester to see my Dad's side. I am so reminded of how fortunate I am to live this close to family, I think I was especially reminded of this because of hearing how so many people couldn't get to their family with the weather being as it was. I take it forgranted way to often...and I shouldn't!



Our house was bustling on December 26 as we had the Kroeze party at our house. We enjoyed tons of good food and had fun opening presents. I loved how our house felt that day as so many days it's quiet...it reminds me of how I hope our house will be someday :)


Another highlight was the first annual Ugly Christmas Party Sweater we had on my Mom's side. There were even prizes and voting. My cousin Lara won (rightfully so) as her sweater came stocked with a battery pack and all, that's right, it had Christmas lights built in. Second place went to my brother-in-law Lee who even sported a comb-over...probably the funniest I've seen him look in a long time. I took third place with a sweater that had one shoulder pad. My parents even participated as well as my aunt...it was just plain funny to see people dressed like that.



My favorite Christmas party however was on December 19 with my immediate family. I love how close knit of a family we are and how everyone can just be themselves. It's good old fashioned family time that I enjoy so much...it seems like every Christmas I leave with such a stomach ache from all the laughter, what a blessing. As a little girl growing up I can remember Christmas traditions at the Warner house that many are still in affect today. My Mom would always read a book about the Christmas Story, how thankful I am that my parents took the time to teach me the real meaning of the season at such a young age. The older I get, the more appreciative I am of my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment