Monday, January 18, 2010

We're PREGNANT!



Wow - where do I begin?! What a whirlwind of emotions flowing through my pregnant body :) Brady & I are going to be a Daddy and a Mommy. Let me allow that to sink in... I can't believe this day is here and I'm experiencing it with my husband & best friend, what a blessing from God. I will never forget the look on Brady's face after seeing the test that said "pregnant". He was glowing with an ear to ear grin and was so excited to be a daddy. He said that he had to pick my jaw up off the ground but I don't know about that. We have been through so much and have grown up together and now this new chapter in our life begins, a chapter we've dreamed of since so long ago.


We had a positive pregnancy test (okay who am I kidding, I took 4 tests! and threatened to make Brady take one to make sure they were working correctly) and I couldn't believe my eyes. At that moment I fell in love. I fell in love all over again with my high-school sweetheart who was standing next me so proud, supportive and excited and I fell in love with this little one inside of me. We had an early ultrasound on January 11 and were able to see the baby's heart beating at 128-131 beats per minute, what a little miracle. How amazing is our God. This was such a reminder of how precious and fragile life is. I was in awe over the God we serve, He can form a brand new body inside of me and make it's TINY heart beat. The pixels on the ultrasound screen were dancing as we saw our babies heart beating and the "pixels" in my heart were also dancing with joy. At the ultrasound I was 7 weeks along and the baby was the size of a blueberry or peanut. I am 8 weeks along right now and the baby is now the size of a kidney bean.

After having feelings of joy, I had feelings of sadness as my sister-in-law Alissa had a miscarriage in November. We have grown close and live 3 houses apart and would have been due one month apart from each other. Wade, Alissa's husband is Brady's twin brother. I know it's not my place to question God, but I did. I thought of cousins being one month apart and neighbors, how amazing would that be. I also thought of going through our pregnancies together and the support that would have offered. I still feel I am grieving this loss. I need to trust God and know that He is the one in control, we are not and His plan is perfect as well as His timing. Wade & Alissa are going to be a wonderful Daddy & Mommy someday I know they will. What a blessing that our child will get to have an aunt and uncle as perfect and loving as Wade & Alissa. I write this with tears welling up in my eyes. I love you both so much Wade & Alissa.

We told our families yesterday with this poem:

"Roses are red, Violets are Blue,

There's someone anxious to meet all of you

We know you've been hoping, your wish has come true

A new baby is coming, In August we're due!"


My parents were very surprised and my sister immediately started crying - she promised me they were "happy tears" and I know they were. I am so glad to have my family in town with all the support they offer. Brady's parents/family were equally as surprised and excited. I'm so glad to have them in town as well.

We covet prayers right now that everything will continue to go as God plans.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations guys! Blessings on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you both! It's so fun to read your blog story and feel the excitement through your words! It's so great to read how in love you both are!!! You will be wonderful parents and we pray God will be with you Tina and your little one over these coming months! We will pray for health and that everything goes smoothly. We look forward to following your pregnancy through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tracy & Kansas! We appreciate you prayers and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete