Sunday, January 15, 2012

life lately

As I sit here, the sun is shining, the little is napping, and the Mr is lounging watching football. Bliss. I feel a sense of urgency to share the excitement coursing through my veins. The excitement stems from the plans for Gavin's first birthday party. I never said I wasn't going overboard. Go ahead and judge me. See if I care. I don't. Because here's the thing, we have been so incredibly blessed by his little life already and for that I will celebrate. I will throw him a kick-ass party, even if he is only turning one and won't remember (thank-you for informing me of that Mom)

First things first. The invitations. Thanks to etsy and picklehead we now have 'board passes' and recycled road map envelopes.
We've gone green, and once you go green you never go back. Or something.


Every birthday boy should have a banner. Now I know you can buy pre-made banners that say 'happy birthday' (cue open mouth with hand covering the biggest yawn of your life) but I had a vision that was much cooler. And besides, it's currently hanging above his crib as wall decor.

Multipurposing.
uhthankyou.
Thanks to some cardstock, paint, modge-podge, chip board, ribbon and random buttons, I introduce to you the coolest flippin banner there ever was which cost around $20 to make.
He's mobile now. My little goat gets wherever he wants to go. He's even using the traditional crawling forward motion on occasion now. I am so proud and he is so much more content because he can get into so much more trouble now. Take for example, pulling himself up on a swiveling chair only to nosedive to the floor.

Or pulling the DVD player out of the stand and playing with wires. Don't worry as you can see we had a responsible babysitter watching Gavin at this time.
And this is how I found him this morning in his crib. He's so smart to be peeking at the door saying "Nanna"
Can you think of a better way to start the day than this? Me either.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh he is cute! And I will also be going OVERBOARD for Paisley's 1st birthday. You HAVE to with these miracle babies!

    ReplyDelete