Sunday, March 4, 2012

Up Up and Away

mr gavin celebrated his first birthday
the evening was beautiful in my mind. airplane theme was cute.
there were presents (mine happen to be sitting right next to me)
there was a little number one candle
we sang 'happy birthday' loudly
we shoved cake into our mouths (mommy included)(just kidding)(maybe...)
without a care in the world
brother is smart... double fisting it
all 6 and 3/4 cousins came along to celebrate and play (one is still in utero and will make her grand debut in may)
we gave thanks to God that both grandma's were able to make it in good health. both of these women are so important to me. one raised me. one raised my husband (and did one heck of a job) they both taught me and continue to teach me how to be the best mamma to gavin.
i'm not gonna lie though, i think they love gavin more than me.
{grin}
we also gave thanks for all the people below. we have been so blessed by family. so incredibly blessed.
i've been told more than once that gavin looks a lot like my dad, to which my dad replied "poor kid"
you know dad... gavin's kickin your butt in the hair department. maybe after his third haircut we can save some and make you a toupee?
i can already hear the reply - "i'm bald because i raised two girls"
touche dad, touche.

most of all we give thanks to God for the precious gift of gavin. he changed every aspect of our lives and we wouldn't want it any other way.


Happy First Birthday Sweet Boy. We Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment