Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Day in the Life


{I'm stealing this idea from another one of the blogs I follow although I can't for the life of me remember which one it is. This post is a way to document (if you will) and remember this very busy stage we as Mamma's to little ones find ourselves in}

We will take today for example. It’s a Wednesday which means it’s a stay-at-home-day.

0730- Wake up to Gavin saying “hi!” Make Gavin breakfast, get him changed into his clothes for the day, change his diaper, comb him hair and brush his teeth. After getting him ready, attempt to get myself ready which today consisted of 5 minute shower (with a 1 ½ year old trying to climb in with me while screaming his head off), no makeup, a wet ponytail and yoga pants. Don’t I look pretty.

0830 – Gavin has now brought me 5 different pairs of shoes and is continually saying “outside” as I’m scurrying around trying to get our house in mint condition before the realtor comes to take pictures for the website (Have I mentioned we're moving?! Well, we are. God is so good and has answered our prayers as we found the perfect acreage outside of town. I am so excited for this new chapter in our lives. More on that fun topic later.

0900 – Playtime outside. Gavin and I play the “stop, go!” game.

1000 – The realtor is here. We sign papers to get our house listed while I’m still following around an F5 tornado (read Gavin) trying to preserve the neatness I just worked my ass off to achieve so the online pictures are presentable.

1100 – PLAYDATE WITH LAURA AND JACKSON!!! Did I mention that I’ve been looking forward to this for weeks? We go way, way back and are still such good friends. I seriously love this girl, and her new little baby. Apparently he felt very comfortable here because he was letting the farts fly – atta boy Jackson!

1200 – Had intentions of making a delicious home-made meal. Ordered Pizza Ranch. Life happens. Had dinner with the Mr, Laura, my sister, and my Mom (who were just as excited to meet little Jax as I was)

1245 – The F5 tornado is ready for a nap. PTL.

0100 – Long overdue girlfriend time and ahhing over sweet baby Jackson.

0330 – Gavin’s awake. Snack time. More playing.

0400 – Daddy is home early today from work since he has his last league session of the season.

0530 – Go drop the Mr off at the golf course since we’ve been down to one vehicle for the past month. I now understand why Gavin cries when I tell him he has to share with his friends. It sort of sucks. That is neither here nor there. Moving on.

0600 – Supper date at home with my little man. Menu is leftovers. Numma, numma.

0630 – Playdate with Cousin Carter (pronounced KAH-tur) and Auntie Lissa.

0700 – Bathtime, pajamas, story hour, and bedtime prayers.

0800 – Lights out (for Gavin)(Mommy wishes it was lights out for her too)(Time to tidy up again, tomorrow all the realtors walk through our house)

No comments:

Post a Comment