Wednesday, October 19, 2011

crazy love

Today I shared, laughed, and learned with a group of woman from my church. Our time together was focused around the book 'Crazy Love' by Francis Chan.

My thoughts after meeting together today:

powerful

worth going to

sure am glad Gavin did so well in nursery, thank you for such an easy-going loving little boy God!

learned a lot already

really should get that recipe for the butterscotch coffee cake with caramel on top {grin}

Chan writes:
"When I am consumed by my problems, stressed out about my life, my family, and my job - I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important that God's command to always rejoice. In other words I have a "right" to disobey God because of the magnitude of my responsibilities"

We live in a world that over-emphasizes "me, myself & I" but the things is... it's not about us.

It's about God and what He has done for us. He is the author of every story and He loves us with a depth we cannot comprehend. We need to do more than just realize this, we need to believe it enough that it changes the way we live.


"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again Rejoice!" Phil. 4:4

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE that book! I've read it twice over and it just gets better every time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly said (and important to hear first thing in the morning)... thank you!

    ReplyDelete