Wednesday, April 25, 2012

a prayer for elise

Dear God,
You knew sweet baby Elise before she was even born. You created her. In your own image she was made. I lift her up to you today as she is very sick and is struggling for her own life. While we don't always understand your plan we trust that you are in control always and you love Elise more than we can possibly fathom.

God I pray you uphold her Mamma Tessa and her Daddy Dan and her big brother Colton. I am sure their hearts are feeling so much pain as they watch their little girl fighting for her life. Please surround them with your presence and give their hearts peace and wisdom in these minutes, hours, and days ahead as they tread through unfamiliar grounds and have to make very difficult decisions. Please shower your love on them and give them strength.

You truly are the great physician and we marvel at your healing wonders as Elise has overcome many difficult situations already. When I see pictures of Elise and her contagious smile it truly brings joy to my heart. If it is your will God I pray that you heal her and allow her to overcome this obstacle. I pray for wisdom regarding the doctors, nurses, and medical staff that get the priveledge of caring for her. I praise you that you give people talents in the medical field and I pray they use those gifts to glorify you.

While the future is unknown may we find hope in the fact that you are am amazing God who never changes. You have promised to never forsake us and nothing can separate us from your love. My prayer is that we find peace in your promises.

In your name alone,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment