Monday, March 29, 2010

Serenity


God is good. I'm thankful I'm sitting here and it's Monday. I never thought I would wish for a Monday to come but I did. I worked this past weekend doing three 12 hour shifts in a row so Monday was a welcoming thought. I used to despise working weekends, but I've had this revelation that it's not so bad. I think it's taught me to live in the moment and enjoy my weekends/days off even more. Honestly it felt good to work this weekend after being off work for 2 + weeks. I'm glad I physically and emotionally feel up to working. That's progress. I'm healing. Praise God. I'm still amazed at how many people were touched by my story and continue to be touched. God works in mysterious ways.


Florida has been on my mind a lot lately. Brady & I have planned a much needed trip down there the end of April with Wade & Alissa. White sand. Hot sun. Fruity drink. Good book. Heaven. We will be staying at the Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites. I love the sound of that.

April 15 has also been on my mind a lot lately. Some of you may wonder what the significance of April 15 is and I will tell you. It's the end of tax season. Hooray! It means my husband will no longer be working endless hours 6 days a week. It means he will soon have every Friday off. I'm so proud of him. Working full time, attending USF for masters degree, studying for the four part CPA exam (one down, three to go!) and he still manages to be the best husband to me. I seriously think I have the best man out there. He never ceases to amaze me. I am so in love with him.

During devotions this morning God lead me to Lamentations 3. If you get a chance, read it. It's a beautiful passage about affliction but knowing that as Christians we have hope. How beautiful.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfullness." Lamentations 3: 22-23

Happy Monday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment