Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is in the Air


Today I feel spoiled. Spoiled because I get to soak in Valentine's Day with my two favorite boys. The younger of the two proved to be a little too anxious to come out and meet Mommy & Daddy as we had to go to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday due to preterm labor. Thanks to a smart Dr, competent nurses, an ultrasound, medication, and bedrest he has remained right where he needs to be for at least another 12 days (hopefully longer).

I am on day 7 of bedrest and am surviving. When the hours get too long and stir crazy is a complete understatement I just remember that as his Mommy I am the only one who can help him remain in the "oven" longer by staying off my feet and taking medication every 4 hours. I shouldn't say I'm the only one, I know God is in ultimate control of our little boy.

The Mr. has really stepped his game up around the house, despite it being his busiest time of year with tax season. (Who am I kidding, he's seriously always this helpful bedrest or no bedrest) One of his many great attributes :-)

I'm trying to use this time to "rest" before the little makes his big arrival because I've been told several times there will be no resting afterwards. I love that I get to pay more attention to every little hiccup and movement he makes because with just laying around I notice it easier.


The nursery is now completed as the excited Daddy-to-be put up the much anticipated tree.


I can just picture him all cozied up in his crib and I can't wait!



**We have definately felt the love of many people who have offered prayers, visited, called, and brought meals. We are overwhelmed with the support we've been shown by family, friends, co-workers and our church. How amazing to feel so cared for and loved. Thank you so much everyone!**

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment