Thursday, August 4, 2011

Challenge

Rewind 4 months ago:

My postpartum depression was at an all time high and I had been talked into going out to eat at Casey's Bakery in town. If I remember correctly it was chilli bash night. I had managed to get through the line (and masses of people because lets be honest, chilli bash is a big freaken deal around here) while juggling a diaper bag, purse and infant carrier. I was going to try to set my trey down to fill up my pop and was having absolutely no luck as there was no room to set it down. Frustrated, I started to walk away to try to find a table to set all my stuff down so I could come back and fill my drink. As I started to walk away a man by the pop machine noticed I was having a hard time balancing everything and said "Maam can I help you and hold you trey while you fill your drink?" I was caught quite off guard that this stranger would not only notice I was struggling, but offer and be so willing to help.

You're probably wondering what my point is...

My point is this; think how different this world we live in would be if we all acted more Christ-like and were willing to help someone without expecting something in return. Even if each person only did one thing, think how many people would be reached. The above story may seem really minute and frivilous to some, but I haven't forgotten the way it felt to be on the receiving end of this. My prayer is that I will be on the giving end as well.

My challenge to you is this: do something nice for someone today without expecting anything in return, you will be a Christ-like witness to them through your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment