Sunday, August 28, 2011

One Year Ago





August 28, 2010, would have been your due date little one. God had different plans for your life, plans to take you home before we could ever meet you. One year has passed and I promised to myself and to God that I would never forget you, and I haven't and I won't... {ever} Not a day passes that I don't think of you running in the streets of gold in the presence of God himself. I long for the day I get to meet you little one.





God is always faithful and His plan is always perfect, even when we don't understand. Especially when we don't understand. I wish I could say my heart is completely "healed" from the hurt of loosing you, but to say that would be a lie. This morning I woke up with a heart ache and tears in my eyes to think that you would have been one today. Your Daddy misses you too. He hugged me with tears in his eyes and whispered in my ear "I miss our little one" It isn't fair. Life on this side of heaven will never be fair. But we trust God had a special plan for your life.



In your short 12 weeks of life you taught me life lessons I will never forget. Thank you for teaching me just how fragile and beautiful life is. Thank you for teaching me how to love. I bet you are so proud to be a big brother/sister to little Gavin. I wonder if the two of you would have looked alike. You know he is pretty darn handsome with those big baby blues, head full of hair and dimples. When he laughs he sounds like a goat. I'm sure you are beautiful too, and full of little quirks God gave you. Gavin will never replace the empty spot in my heart that is reserved for you, however God has healed my heart through him, he gives me purpose to live, love, and be the best Mom I can be.


And we know that in all things God works through the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment