Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tasty Thursday

So I've made lots of scotcharoos lately.

I don't mean to toot my own horn,

BUT

I've been told they were delicious...by more than one person.

Like they were so good my brother-in-law ate one after every meal on vacation, and the whole pan only lasted 1 1/2 days on my other family vacation, and I brought some to work the other day and they were gone demolished by 11:00 am.

Toot! Toot! (So what I'm a little proud of myself!)

Scotcharoo Secret recipe (Thanks Mom!)

1 cup light karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Corn Flakes
1 cup NESTLE brand butterscotch chips (secret's out!)
1 cup SEMI SWEET chocolate chips (other secret's out!)

Mix Karo syrup and sugar in pot, bring to boil. Remove from heat quickly (if you don't you will have really HARD bars) Stir in peanut butter. Pour mixture over 6 cups of corn flakes (don't worry about stirring gently, it's okay if they break). Press into greased 9x13 pan.

*Tip: get your hands wet with cold water before pressing them down, it helps alleviate the bars from stiking to your hands.

Melt butterscotch and chocolate chips in microwave and spread on top.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo glad you shared your recipie! I am definitely in need of a good scotcharoo. :)

    ReplyDelete